Visa support


Visa support

To enter the Russian Federation all international visitors are required to have the official visa stamp in their passports. Citizens of some countries do not require visa to enter the Russian Federation, but in most cases the duration of their stay in Russia is limited. Please contact the Russian consulate in your home country to check the visa requirements.

Mining University provides all successful applicants with visa support. The University sends an official electronic Invitation Letter needed for applying for student visa to the e-mail you indicated in the application form. You will be required to print it and submit it to the Russian Embassy or Consulate.

This Invitation Letter entitles you to a 90-days entry visa, which is issued by a Russian embassy or consulate in your home country. The period of your visa will be extended for up to one year to after you’ve signed a study contract with Mining University.

Your student visa will be extended for each year of your studies at Mining University to cover the whole period of your study program. The University will take care of the processing given that you submit your passport to the International Student Office no later than 45 calendar days prior to the visa expiration date.