The full-time Double Degree Programs aim at training highly qualified specialists with cultural, linguistic and unique professional skills. In accordance with the existing bilateral agreements students from the Mining University and foreign partner universities listed below are able to apply for the Double Degree Programs.
A double Degree Program is min. 120 ECTS credits. The students shall complete minimum 60 ECTS credits at partner university and minimum 60 ECTS credits at the Mining University. Upon successful completion of the Double Degree Program the students are awarded diplomas from both partner universities.
Partner universities and programs available
Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Energy Systems
- Electrical Engineering
- Sustainability Science and Solutions
- Chemical Engineering and Water Treatment
- Global Management of Innovation and Technology (GMIT)
- Robotics, Mechatronics and Machine Automation
All programs are offered in English. Learn more
TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany
- Mining Engineering
- Applied Geology
- Materials Science and Materials Technology/Nonferrous Materials
All programs are offered in German. Learn more
Technische Hochschule Georg Agricola, Bochum, Germany
- Geodesy and Land Management
The program is offered in English.
- For Germany: Last year Engineer’s students, minimum B2 level of English or German
- For Finland: Last year BSc students, 1st year MSc students, minimum B2 level of English
One academic year (2 semesters)
There is competition for places on the program itself, and each partner has a limited number of spots.
Fees and funding
Students will be personally responsible for all costs related to the Double Degree Program, including but not limited to following:
- All travel expenses
- Compulsory insurance, including medical insurance
- Accommodation and living expenses
- All costs associated with studies (textbooks etc.)
- All other debts incurred during the course of their stay
- Tuition fee (for LUT Double Degree Programs)
- All costs associated with applying for and obtaining appropriate visas and travel documentation
Students admitted to the Double Degree Program may apply for a scholarship if scholarships are available. The amount of any possible scholarship will be specified separately to students.