OverviewIn the course of training in this specialization students become familiar with the basic methods and approaches in the area of calculating transport systems of mining enterprises, the basics of the theory of transport processes and logistics. They master the methods of designing transport systems, justifying the choice of the optimal transport scheme for a mining enterprise, and rational standard sizes of transport machines and their nodes interfaces; methods for analyzing operating modes and ensuring industrial safety, the operation of transport systems, as well as methods reliability-diagnosis to ensure the required operating mode.
Reasons for choosing a course
- Good employment prospects with the top companies of the mineral complex of the country
- Broad demand for the profession in the technological complexes of industrial enterprises
- Ability to expand the area of professional qualifications through further training in the adjacent direction in the field of land transport systems
- Ability to engage in scientific activities at the university laboratories under the guidance of department teachers.
21.05.04 Mining Engineering
Mode of attendance
Mathematics, Physics, the Russian language
Number of contract-based openings
130 000 RUB per semester
Career opportunitiesGraduates of this specialization are employed by leading companies in any industry where activities are related to the movement of material flows, including the production and processing of virtually any minerals, repair and maintenance specialists for transport equipment, electrical engineers and transport and design engineers of systems test engineers of transport systems and equipment, logistics engineers for the management of transport systems, etc. The graduates work in mines, quarries, mines, concentrators as heads of the transport department, chief engineers, chief mechanics in transport operations; in design institutes for the design of mining vehicles, systems and complexes in mining enterprises; in research and design organizations. They work in the sphere of industrial, technological, organizational, managerial and research activities in the field of mining machinery.
Field of study
- Mining transport vehicles and equipment.
- Transport systems of mining enterprises.
- Transport logistics of mining enterprises.
- Design of transport systems of mining enterprises.
- Operation and safety of transport systems of mining enterprises.
- Fundamentals of diagnostics and monitoring of the technical condition of mining transport vehicles.
- Fundamentals of engineering creativity.
- Automated control systems for transport systems.
- Hydro and pneumatic drive of transport systems of mining enterprises.
- Pipeline transport mining enterprises.
Igor V. Zyryanov
Position Deputy Director for Research Yakutniproalmaz Institute.
Biography He defended his thesis at the Department of Mining Transport Machines. Under his leadership and with direct participation, innovative research is being carried out on the use of remote control systems for road transport and loading equipment, allowing safe mining operations in hazardous areas.
Graduate professional skills
- Training to perform operational calculations and select rational types of means of technological transport of mining production
- Knowledge in the field of technology and technology of mining transport
- Skills in designing and developing transport systems
- Skills in the operation of transport systems for various purposes
- Experience in defining and ensuring energy-saving and energy-efficient modes of production operation of transport systems and complexes for various purposes.
Learning foreign languages (English, German, French) in addition to studying Russian
University departments invite foreign lecturers to teach courses or deliver lectures on particular topics. These courses are taught in foreign languages.
Acquiring skills in working with modern software complexes and equipment
Research activities under the guidance of department professor and associate professors