OverviewIn the course of training in this specialization students get acquainted with the organization of works on rectification of the consequences of accidents and disasters, learn how to analyze the state of working conditions; improve systems, tools and technologies for ensuring industrial safety of mining production; justify means of protection in emergency situations; design human protection systems against hazardous and harmful factors of the production environment of mining enterprises; systematically analyze the fundamental and attendant problems in industrial safety and mine rescue work.
Reasons for choosing a course
- Broad demand in the market of specialized personnel with in-depth knowledge of various aspects of ensuring safety of technological processes at the enterprises of the mineral and fuel and energy complexes
- The possibility of obtaining a working profession during the first salaried practical training in leading oil and gas and mining companies (Gazprom, SUEK, Severstal, Polymetal, etc.)
- Prospects of inclusive education in foreign partner universities with the issuance of diplomas of international standard
- Ability to engage in scientific activities at the university laboratories under the guidance of department teachers.
21.05.04 Mining Engineering
Mode of attendance
Mathematics, Physics, the Russian language
Number of contract-based openings
130 000 RUB per semester
Career opportunitiesGraduates of this specialization get employed by top companies of the mineral and fuel and energy complex (PhosAgro, SUEK, Severstal, Polymetal, Gazprom, LUKOIL, etc. ) engaged in the development of mineral deposits (oil, gas, coal, metal ores, etc.), design and research organizations serving primarily in the mining sector of the economy, state control bodies, consulting companies, etc. They work in the position of mining engineers, labor protection engineers, inspectors, chief engineers, heads of the production site, etc.
Field of study
- Safety of mining and mine rescue
- Industrial safety and blasting operations
- Reliability of technical systems and technological risk
- Safety supervision and control
- Examination of accidents and disasters
- Industrial safety management systems
- Underground mining of mineral deposits
- Open development of mineral deposits
- Industrial ventilation
- Safety document support
Rahim A. Azimov
Position Russian government and political leader, deputy of the State Duma of the VII convocation. Member of the United Russia faction, member of the Committee on Security and Anti-Corruption.
Biography In 1986 he graduated from the Leningrad Mining Institute G.V. Plekhanov. After graduating, he was sent to work at the Vorkutaugol production association. In 2004, he defended his doctoral dissertation at the St. Petersburg Mining Institute. On September 18, 2016, he was elected as a deputy of the State Duma of the Russian Federation of the VII convocation from the United Russia public association.
Andrey A. Benin
Position Deputy Head of the Federal Forestry Agency of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Russian Federation; Deputy of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation of the IV convocation (2003-2007).
Biography Born on August 25, 1960, defended his PhD thesis under the leadership of the department in 2003, he was a member of the faction "United Russia".
Graduate professional skills
- Process management skills at production facilities, including in emergency situations
- Skills in ensuring industrial and environmental safety in the extraction, processing of minerals, construction and operation of underground structures
- Skills in the development, coordination and approval of technical, methodological and other documents regulating the procedure, quality and safety of mining, construction and blasting operations
- Skills in designing systems to protect people from dangerous and harmful factors of the production environment at mining enterprises
- Skills in analyzing and assessing the risk of exposure to hazardous production factors and their causes.
Learning foreign languages (English, German, French) in addition to studying Russian
University departments invite foreign lecturers to teach courses or deliver lectures on particular topics. These courses are taught in foreign languages.
Acquiring skills in working with modern software complexes and equipment
Research activities under the guidance of department professor and associate professors