OverviewIn the course of training in this specialization, students acquire special knowledge and skills in various fields of science and production related to the development of mineral deposits, as well as general knowledge in engineering and technical sciences and Earth sciences (geology, higher mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering graphics, etc.). Students study in detail the technologies of prospecting, exploration and development of mineral deposits, methods of economic and technological substantiation of engineering solutions, issues of ensuring safe working conditions in mining in mining enterprises, the fundamentals of economics, management, organization and production management.
Reasons for choosing a course
- The lack of young professionals in the mining sector, causing a high level of demand and career prospects
- High level of qualification of the faculty and an integrated approach to learning
- The possibility of obtaining a working profession during the first salaried practical training in the second year of study
- Universality of acquired skills, knowledge and skills of a mining engineer associated with the multi-factorial nature of mining production, which allows you to quickly and efficiently solve almost any engineering and organizational tasks.
21.05.04 Mining Engineering
Mode of attendance
Mathematics, Physics, the Russian language
Number of contract-based openings
130 000 RUB per semester
Career opportunitiesGraduates of this specialization can easily find employment at enterprises of top global companies in the mineral and fuel and energy complex in such positions as engineering and technical workers (SUEK JSC, PAO Severstal, Evraz, Yuzhkuzbassugol, Uralkalii, etc.), engineers in the design and research organizations of various occupations (Giproshakht, Gorkhimproekt, Mining and Chemical Engineering, etc.), at organizations implementing activities in the field of underground construction and environmental management (Metrostroy).
Field of study
- Computer simulation of stratified deposits
- Industrial safety and blasting operations
- Aerology of mining enterprises
- Machines and equipment for underground mining
- Automation of production processes of underground mining
- Opening and preparation of stratified deposits
- Reservoir development systems
- Mine design
- Gas dynamics control and mine degassing
- Control of the rock conditions state
- Optimization of the parameters of technological schemes of coal mines
- Economics and management of mining production
Andrey S. Maksimov
Position Chairman of the Committee on Science and Higher School of Saint-Petersburg
Biography Graduated from G.V. Leningrad Mining Institute Plekhanov in 1985. Since 1997, he has been working in the Committee on Science and Higher School as the chief specialist, deputy chairman of the Committee.
Graduate professional skills
- Ability to clearly articulate tasks, articulate own thoughts, communicate freely in business;
- Ability to solve industrial engineering problems;
- Ability to work independently with scientific, technical and regulatory documentation in solving engineering problems;
- Ability to assess the economic efficiency of production processes;
- Ability to perform work related to the management and maintenance of the main and auxiliary equipment used in coal mines;
- Ability to compile project documentation in accordance with relevant regulatory and legal acts in force in Russia;
- Knowledge of progressive foreign and domestic experience in underground mining of mineral deposits.
Learning foreign languages (English, German, French) in addition to studying Russian
University departments invite foreign lecturers to teach courses or deliver lectures on particular topics. These courses are taught in foreign languages.
Acquiring skills in working with modern software complexes and equipment
Research activities under the guidance of department professor and associate professors