OverviewIn the course training in this specialization students acquire knowledge in the field of general and special geology, higher mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering graphics, and theoretical mechanics. They study in detail the technologies of surveying, exploration and the development of mineral deposits, methods of ensuring safe working conditions at mining enterprises, the fundamentals of economics, management, organization and manufacturing management.
Reasons for choosing a course
- The lack of young professionals in the mining sector, causing a high level of demand and career prospects
- High level of qualification of the faculty and an integrated approach to learning
- The possibility of obtaining a working profession during the first salaried practical training in the second year of study
- Universality of acquired skills, knowledge and skills of a mining engineer associated with the multi-factorial nature of mining production, which allows you to quickly and efficiently solve almost any engineering and organizational tasks.
21.05.04 Mining Engineering
Mode of attendance
Mathematics, Physics, the Russian language
Number of contract-based openings
130 000 RUB per semester
Career opportunitiesGraduates of this specialization can easily find employment at the enterprises of the world's top companies in the mineral and fuel and energy complex, working in the positions of engineering and technical workers at Norilsk Nickel, Polymetal, PhosAgro, and Eurochem , Uralkali, Alrosa, Polyus, LSR, Severstal, Rosal, De Beers, etc.; in engineering position in design and research organizations of various specialization (Pitergorproekt, Giproruda, Galurgiya, SRK Consulting, etc.); in organizations engaged in activities in the field of underground construction and environmental management (Metrostroy, Caterpillar, Sandvik, ORICA, etc
Field of study
- Computer simulation of ore deposits
- Industrial safety and blasting operations
- Aerology of mining enterprises
- Machines and equipment for underground mining
- Automation of production processes of underground mining
- Opening and preparation of ore deposits
- Reservoir development systems
- Mine design
- Monitoring of technological processes in the development of ore deposits
- Control of the rock conditions state
- Underground and combined mining technology
- Economics and management of mining production
Position President of Mongolia
Biography Graduate of the Leningrad Mining Institute. He worked as a superintending engineer, in 1964 - 1972 the chief engineer at the Sharyngol coal mine. Since 1972, Deputy Minister of the Fuel and Energy Industry and Geology, since 1976 - Minister. Since 1985, Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Economic Relations of the Mongolian People's Republic.
Ivan I. Golovaty
Position General Director of JSC Belaruskali.
Biography Graduated from G.V. Leningrad Mining Institute Plekhanov. He currently holds the post of General Director of Belaruskali, one of the largest suppliers of potash mineral fertilizers in the world.
Graduate professional skills
- Ability to clearly formulate tasks, state their thoughts, communicate freely in business
- Ability to solve production engineering problems
- Ability to work independently with scientific, technical and regulatory documentation in solving engineering problems
- Ability to assess the economic efficiency of production processes
- Ability to perform work related to the management and maintenance of the main and auxiliary equipment used in mines
- Ability to compile project documentation in accordance with current regulatory and legal acts in force in Russia
- Knowledge of progressive foreign and domestic experience in underground mining of mineral deposits
Learning foreign languages (English, German, French) in addition to studying Russian
University departments invite foreign lecturers to teach courses or deliver lectures on particular topics. These courses are taught in foreign languages.
Acquiring skills in working with modern software complexes and equipment
Research activities under the guidance of department professor and associate professors