Advanced Techniques in Environmental Monitoring
The programme of the International Summer School Advanced Techniques in Environmental Monitoring (ATEM) is created by the academic stuff of the Department of Geoecology.
The major purpose of the ATEM Summer School of the Saint Petersburg Mining University is to identify common threads through different environmental monitoring techniques throughout the world and from this examination draw lessons learnt that ought to be applied to assess human impact on natural and technogenic media.
By bringing together the leading Russian scholars in the field during lectures, workshops and practical trainings, the School aims to become a centre for the elaboration and dissemination of knowledge in ecological research, covering such aspects as methods and technologies for express environmental impact assessment; biological monitoring; water sample analysis; GIS technologies; drones and remote sensing. The participants will also visit a MSW storage and natural reserves, as well as enjoy the world cultural heritage sites of Saint Petersburg. A participants’ conference with a reward ceremony is to be held as a concluding chord of the ATEM.
- Modern Approach to Environmental Monitoring
- Remote Sensing in Geoecological Research
- Drones in Environmental Monitoring
- GIS Technologies in Ecology and Nature Management
- Express Methods of Environmental Impact Assessment
- Biological Monitoring in Environmental Quality Assessment
- Chemical Analysis of Sold Samples using High-Tech Equipment