Why Mining University?
Mining University is one of the top and most dynamically developing technical universities and R&D centers in Russia. Not only we provide an superb education for mining engineers, civil engineers, economists, mechanic engineers, oil and gas engineers, geologists, we are also proud of our extracurricular activities, infrastructure, and location.
- Full-tuition scholarships are available to our top international students
- Excellent research base and close relations with R&D centers and key field-specific companies
- Top Russian and international scholars and teachers
- Excellent courses of Russian as a foreign language to prepare for studying in Russian
- Educational programs that are designed to meet the demands of the present-day and future economic, industrial, and scientific sectors
- First-rate infrastructure with multimedia classrooms, state-of-the-art laboratories, one of the biggest university libraries, recreational facilities
- Strong relations with the biggest Russian and international companies: Gazprom, Gazprom Neft, Rosneft, Surgutneftegas, FosAgro, Australian Orica, European Schneider Electric, etc.
- Perfect employment opportunities with partner companies
- Great dormitories located close to educational buildings
- International student support office and International Friendship Club Gornyak (Miner)
- Location in the heart of St. Petersburg with a stunning view of the Neva and the world-famous Hermitage and St. Isaac’s cathedral, unique St. Petersburg white nights and draw bridges
- Friendly international atmosphere
- Easy travel to European Union countries located within a few-hour drive or a short trip in a comfortable high-speed train