Mining University today
Saint-Petersburg Mining University is one of the leading universities in St. Petersburg, Russia and the world. At present, more than 7 000 students are studying at the university in the areas of undergraduate, specialist, master's and postgraduate courses. According to the admissions committee, more than 80% of freshmen at the Mining University are nonresident - this is the largest figure among the universities of St. Petersburg.
The university has the highest state status of the educational system of the Russian Federation, being an especially valuable object of the cultural heritage of the peoples of Russia, awarded with four government awards, has the status of "National Research University".
Students undergo training in 97 directions and specialties, only 10 faculties are represented at the university:
- Faculty of Mining
- Geological Prospecting Faculty
- Oil and gas faculty
- Faculty of Mineral Processing
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Electromechanical faculty
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Fundamental and Humanitarian Disciplines
- Faculty of secondary vocational education
- Faculty of Postgraduate and Doctoral Studies