Mining University is one of the top and most dynamically developing technical universities and R&D centers in Russia. Not only do we provide a superb education in areas such as geology, economy and engineering fields such as mining, civil, mechanic and oil & gas; we are also proud of our extracurricular activities, infrastructure, and location.
Some of the benefits of being part of the Mining University include:
- Full-tuition scholarships available to our top international students.
- Excellent research base and close relations with R&D centers and key field-specific companies.
- Top-tier Russian and international scholars and teachers.
- Excellent courses of Russian as a foreign language to prepare for studying in Russian language.
- Educational programs designed to meet the demands of the present-day and future economic, industrial, and scientific sectors.
- First-rate infrastructure: multimedia classrooms, state-of-the-art laboratories, one of the biggest university libraries, recreational facilities.
- Strong relations with the biggest Russian and international companies: Gazprom, Gazprom Neft, Rosneft, Surgutneftegas, FosAgro, Orica (Australia), Schneider Electric (Europe), etc.
- Perfect employment opportunities with partner companies.
- Great dormitories located close to educational buildings.
- International student support office and Mining International Friendship Club "Gornyak".
- Location in the heart of St. Petersburg, with a stunning view of the Neva river, the world-famous Hermitage and St. Isaac’s cathedral, unique St. Petersburg landscapes, such as white nights and draw bridges.
- Friendly international atmosphere.
- Easy travel to European Union countries located within a few-hour drive or a short trip in a comfortable high-speed train.